The True South Dining Room epitomises sophisticated elegant dining with an emphasis on the fantastic produce from our district served in truly mouth-watering dishes.
Work with Olympian and top 20 best young chef in the world, Corey Hume as Executive Chef.
Throughout his career Corey has been a representative for New Zealand, Australia and Australasia (as a whole) numerous times and was a member of the Fonterra New Zealand Olympic Squad that competed at the Culinary Olympics in 2016. Corey was the Executive chef for one of the world’s most exclusive and well-regarded lodges, Blanket Bay Lodge Glenorchy. There he and his team cater to some of the most discerning guests who all have the highest expectation in service, wine and of course cuisine.
Your moment to be exceptional has arrived at The Rees Hotel, Luxury Apartments & Lakeside Residences Queenstown! As an experienced Chef - you will be joining our team of passionate chefs and reporting directly to the Executive Chef, to deliver outstanding culinary experiences in our Award Winning True South Dining Room.
Skills, experience and attributes
- Have relevant prior experience in high quality properties
- Understanding of Food Safety and impeccable hygiene practices
- Accuracy and an “eye for detail”
- Passionate about “Customer Service/Care”
- Be able to work autonomously with excellent time management skills
- Assists with planning menus, estimating food and labour costs, and ordering food supplies
- May select and train staff
- Effective communication skills
- Available to work a variety of shifts including weekends and public holidays
- Enjoys working as part of a highly focused team
- A long term commitment to Queenstown
Benefits & Rewards
- Competitive industry remuneration package
- Excellent Rewards & Recognition Programme
- Opportunity to work in an award winning 5-Star restaurant, with an exceptional team
Applications from New Zealand and/or Australian residents highly encouraged