Purpose of Position
This position is concerned with the smooth and efficient running of Food and Beverage Operations, ensuring that guests enjoy a 5-Star experience at all times through our award-winning True South Dining Room, In-Room Dining, Minibar, and Bordeau Wine Lounge.
You will have a desire to share and expand your knowledge of hospitality, food and wine and the ambition to perform at your best. You will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in fine dining or similar, 2 years of which will have been in a supervisory or management role.
Responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing all Food & Beverage services in the hotel, including our award winning True South Fine Dining Restaurant, Bordeau Lobby Bar, Conferencing, and Minibar.
- Ensuring that 5* standards and service are maintained and where possible exceeded at all times.
- Interacting with guests and maintaining a profile in and around the hotel.
- Managing the Food & Beverage Team, including regular appraisals and performance development through coaching and relevant training.
- Preparation of rosters, completing payroll information, and undertaking month-end stock takes.
- Provide strategic input on the direction and standard of F&B offerings.
- Manage ordering of stock, monthly stocktaking, and controlling budgets.
- Managing payroll costs and department profit and loss
Skills & Experience
Level of skill, experience and attributes
- Relevant tertiary qualification and current LCQ an advantage
- Demonstrated leadership and organisation capability
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar role at high-quality properties
- Excellent command of the English language, both spoken and written
- Highly organized, with good computer literacy in Microsoft Products and restaurant/hotel management systems
- Passionate about “Customer Service/Care”
- Highly knowledgeable about food and wine
- Have strong initiative and ability to think outside the square
- Experience with POS system (preferably CMS Guest Centrix)
- Available to work a variety of shifts including mornings, evenings, weekends and public holidays
Benefits and Rewards
- In return for your loyalty and driven determination to succeed, we will offer you an exciting and challenging career within our growing business.
- This is your opportunity to showcase your talents and expertise for an award winning successful independent 5-Star Qualmark Gold rated property in the adventure capital of the world
- Competitive remuneration
- Uniform and some meals provided
- Other benefits and rewards apply
You must have the legal right to work in NZ to apply. Preference will be given to applicants with a long term commitment to Queenstown.
Only hospitality professionals with a commitment to teamwork, a can-do attitude and hands on approach need apply.
This role will suit a leader who is passionate about great wine and food. You will be impeccably groomed, have a real passion for great food and wine, and will enjoy seeing staff thrive in their roles, and guests enjoying a wonderful experience.
Applications from New Zealand and/or Australian residents highly encouraged